RSS IconRSS Print IconPrint Text Size Plus icon Minus icon

Regulatory and Inspection Services

Regulatory and Inspection Services is responsible for conducting inspections under the Building Code Act and the development and enforcement of municipal by-laws and related provincial legislation.

  • Building Inspectors ensure that all buildings that receive building permits comply with the Building Code.  They also respond to allegations of building code violations. Visit our Building Inspections page for more information.
  • Property Standards Officers monitor private properties and respond to complaints relating to maintenance and safety standards, sign regulations, building code violations, Zoning By-Law, placement and removal of fill, management of woodlots, and other Town by-laws.
  • Parking Officers monitor and enforce the Town of Caledon and The Region of Peel traffic bylaw.

Applications and Forms

Please visit our Customer Service page to find various applications and forms.


By-laws are updated on a regular basis. Please visit our By-laws page or contact staff for the most current information. For questions concerning other By-laws or to obtain true and certified copies of By-laws, please contact Legislative Services.


Voluntary compliance is generally achieved through public education and mediation, with legal action taken when required.

Building Inspections

For more information about inspections please visit our Building Inspections page.

Giant Hogweed

Giant Hogweed is a large, invasive plant that looks similar to Cow Parsnip. It is identifiable by its large size (up to 5 metres) and thick stem with reddish spots. If you suspect that you have Giant Hogweed on your property, the following websites with assist you with both identification and removal methods.


The first step to cleaning up graffiti in the Town of Caledon is reporting it.  If you notice graffiti on your property or in your neighborhood, please report it immediately.  Once a report has been filed, Town of Caledon staff will investigate.  Please complete the form below and submit by email or in person at Town Hall, 6311 Old Church Road, Caledon.


For more information, please see our Parking section.

Report a Complaint

If you wish to report a building or by-law infraction, please contact call, e-mail, fax, or mail a letter to the Regulatory and Inspection Services Division, or visit Town Hall to register your complaint. Please include your name, address, and telephone number, as well as the address or exact location of the believed infraction. To aid us in serving you faster, you will need to concisely and accurately describe your complaint.

Trees and Woodlands

For more information, see our Trees and Woodlands in Caledon page.


For After Hours Emergencies, please call 1-800-563-7881.

For other inquiries, please send an email to Regulatory and Inspection Services, call 905-584-2272 x. 4213 or visit the Town Hall at 6311 Old Church Road in Caledon in person.