RSS IconRSS Print IconPrint Text Size Plus icon Minus icon

Submit a Complaint to the Town

The Town of Caledon is committed to continuous organizational improvement in an environment where all complaints are dealt with fairly in a respectful, transparent fashion, as quickly as possible.

What is a complaint?

A complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction related to a Town program, service, facility, or staff member, where a citizen believes that the Town has not provided a service experience to the customer's satisfaction and therefore a formal request for a resolution is submitted.

A complaint is distinct from:

  • Complaints or Inquiries regarding outside Boards and Agencies

  • Complaints or Inquiries regarding the Mayor and Members of Council

  • Requests for service or Accommodation

  • Feedback, Suggestions, Compliments

  • General enquiries

  • Anonymous Complaints

Submitting a Complaint

If you have incurred costs for which you believe the Town may be responsible, do not fill the Complaint Submission Form below. Instead, please use the Risk management claim process to have your claim considered.

For all other complaints, to submit a formal complaint to the Town, you are required to complete and submit the Complaint Submission Form (pdf) to the Town Clerk by:

  • delivery in person to Legislative Services at Town Hall (3rd floor), 6311 Old Church Road,
  • mail to Town Hall, Attn: Town Clerk, 6311 Old Church Road, Caledon ON L7C 1J6, or
  • email to Please note: to report a property standards, parking or similar by-law complaint, please contact

If you are submitting a complaint on behalf of someone else, the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act does not allow the Town to provide information to you about a complaint that someone else has filed, unless we have the signed written consent of that other person. 

If you are representing someone (including a family member) as the agent or contact person you will need to have them complete the Complaint Representative Submission Form and submit it with the complaint.

What Happens with your Complaint?

Complaints are used to assist us in improving program and service delivery.

All complaints submitted are reviewed by the Town Clerk or designate, and forwarded to the appropriate staff for resolution. The information is treated as confidential to protect your privacy; however, you should be aware that in investigating a complaint, the circumstances may indirectly identify you.  Once the investigation is complete, you will be informed of any action resulting from your complaint. 

For more information

For more information regarding the complaint process, please contact the Town's Legislative Services Section at 905.584.2272 x. 2366.